The School's Core Values, Beliefs and Vision of the Graduate statement:
EHS Mission Statement:
Since 1821, the mission of English High School has been to challenge each student academically while fostering an enduring commitment to honor, achievement, and service to humanity. As the school community has evolved to meet the demands of the 21st century, we seek today to support our students’ social and emotional development and growth, challenge them to meet rigorous academic standards, and provide them with opportunities to explore career development opportunities that will lead them to a rich and fulfilling post secondary life in which they are engaged members of society and advocates for a more just world.
EHS Core Values:
- Anti-Racism & Equity
- Intellectual Curiosity
Our Beliefs about Learning:
- With the appropriate support and guidance, all students have the capacity to excel by meeting or exceeding grade level standards regardless of academic history, personal adversity, or other challenging circumstances.
- Students are best positioned to excel when they are afforded in depth learning experiences that are rigorous, relevant, engaging, and authentic.
- Students are entitled to and can only maximize their potential when provided a safe, supportive, and affirming environment in which they are known and valued as individuals.
- In order to best prepare learners for college, career, and civic life, learning experiences should build the necessary social, civic, and academic skills to actively contribute to the community and the world.
- Students’ learning environment should reflect and be culturally responsive to the diverse and global community in which citizens of the 21st century will reside.
EHS Vision of the Graduate